Monday, September 8, 2008

Bike Riding

Well, C has finally learned to ride her bike. She's been real close for almost a year, but was frankly too scared to really trust herself and give it a go. This weekend, we headed down to the elementary school to igve her some more practice, and she finally nailed it. Starting, stopping, turning (mostly), she's got it down. A little more practice, and she'll be ready to join the whole family on rides.

Here are a couple of videos:





Yes, she hits the wall in one of those videos, listen to it again, it's pretty funny. She was fine, and got right back going.

Of course, when it was time to go, she decided to ride her bike back to the car. Along the way, there is a gate you have to go through. As she was riding ahead of me, I told her, "be careful of that gate, you might want to slow down."

"I want to ride through it!"

Uh huh. And sure enough, she rammed the post at full speed, and ended up all over the sidewalk. She's fine, her first words as I ran up were, "I thought I could make it!" After a little bit of crying, it was determined that she'd live. I think she was more annoyed that she hit something than that she crashed.

D3 rode around the corner a second later, sees the bike sprawled out in the walkway and says, "Well that can't be good." He is definitely his father's son.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

No comments: